By accessing and/or using the VARCo NI Limited Site ("this web site") and associated services provided by VARCo NI Limited, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below:
- These terms and conditions, together with the content and use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of Ireland. Any dispute in relation to this website or associate services shall be governed by the laws of the Replublic of Ireland Ireland.
- Any disputes arising from or in any way connected with the use of this website, associated VARCo NI Limited calculators or onsite Value at Risk service shall first proceed to a formal mediation process and if necessary to subsequent Arbitration.
- Due to the fact that VARCo NI Limited cannot guarantee that this web site will be fault free, we do not accept any liability for any damage or loss suffered by you (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or any consequential loss, including loss of profits) arising as a result of this web site or the information contained therein (including any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in such information or any faults, interruptions or delays in connection with this web site).
- Users of the VARCo site or calculators or another other related item or service accept that the information provided should not be relied upon by itself for the purposes of establishing a reinstatement sum for insuring a property or property assets. A definitive assessment must be carried out by the completion of an onsite survey and subsequent compilation of associated costings by a suitably qualified professional.
- Any estimated Value at Risk sums and certificate for a property and property assets as advised by VARCo NI Limited should be viewed as the minimum sum for insurance purposes, unless otherwise noted. There are an unlimited amount of variables which can affect the value at risk of a particular asset a precise amount for which is almost impossible to determine with absolute certainty. The completion of an onsite survey can help to establish a more accurate value at risk assessment.
- The user accepts that the VARCo NI Limited value at risk assessment sums, certificate and calculator assessment as completed by VARCo NI Limited is restricted in its accuracy relative to the information requested from and provided by the User in respect of the property in question, and that the user will hold VARCo NI Limited harmless in relation to in relation to any act of omission, whether negligent or otherwise, on the part of the user, its servants or agents.
- Any information provided by VARCo NI Limited via the residential and commercial calculators must not be used for purposes other than as a check on the value at risk sum being applied to a property. VARCo NI Limited accepts no responsibility for information used for other purposes.
- VARCo NI Limited reserve the right to decline the issue of a Value at Risk Certificate to any individual, business or other entity for whatever reason.
- Except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions, all representations, warranties, terms and conditions whether express or implied in relation to this web site and/or the information contained within associated services are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All content and designs included in this web site, associated reports and certificates issued by VARCo NI Limited (including, without prejudice, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips and software) is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights and is the property of VARCo NI Limited or is licensed. You may not make any changes to any material that you print or download, including, without limitation, removing any copyright or prohibitory notices. All other uses are prohibited including, without limitation, distributing, reproducing, modifying or copying, or using for any commercial purposes, any of the materials or contents of this site.
Inclusions & Exclusions
The following is a list of inclusions and exclusions in respect of the desktop assessment of value at risk;
Internal & External Finishes as noted
Mechanical & Electrical Services as noted
External Drainage, Services & Site Finishes as noted
Value Added Tax
'New for old' costs which reflect current building regulations
Exclusions:Historic construction methods
Local Authority Requirements
Local Authority Fees & Contributions
Tenants Fixtures & Fittings
Costs associated with preparing an insurance claim
Inflation (i.e. day one reinstatement cost noted)
Types of Buildings Excluded:Historic or period buildings
Unusual, bespoke and unique building types
Advanced or unusual building construction methods
Note to user:
The value at risk desktop report should be used for the purposes of checking the Value at Risk sum being applied to a building. To determine more definitively the Value At Risk of a building, an inspection of the property is required.